If knives could be created in the same way we choose players for fantasy football league teams, every hardcore knife knut would recruit features and characteristics they like best from different knife companies and combine them into their favorite knife. Spyderco will undoubtedly fulfill many knife knuts knife fantasy picks with the introduction of the Delica with Emerson's opening feature. This model combines all that's functional and performance-based in a Spyderco folder with the blade-opening feature made popular and patented by Ernest Emerson of Emerson Knives.
The Emerson opening feature is a hook curving out the top of the knife's blade. When removing the knife from a front pocket it catches the pocket's edge quickly opening the knife blade ready to use. The knife can also be taken out of the pocket without engaging the opening feature by pulling it straight up and out with your fingers on top of the closed blade.
Delicas with Emerson's opening feature have screw construction making cleaning and adjusting easier. Their gray fiberglass reinforced nylon handles are molded with Bi-Directional Texturing® for traction and improved ergonomics. Inside the handle dual skeletonized stainless steel liners strengthen the knife without additional weight and create an anchor for external and internal components to attach through for more sturdiness and rigidity. Their VG-10 blades are flat saber-ground with a stronger tip and larger 13mm opening hole. Added to the blade's spine is slip resistant jimping. Phosphor bronze washers smooth out the open/close action and the clip is upgraded to a four-way tip-up, tip-down, left- or right-handed clip.
- FRN Grips - A nylon polymer mixed with glass fiber then injection molded into formed and textured lightweight high-strength knife handles.
- Bi-Directional Texturing - Patented texture pattern molded into FRN handles with forward and backward graduating steps radiating outward from the center of the handle. It provides resistance to slipping in the hand.
- Emerson Opening Feature - A blade opening device invented and patented by Ernest Emerson of Emerson Knives. It consists of an integral hook protruding from the blade's spine that catches the edge of the pocket when the knife is drawn to automatically open the blade.
- Screw Construction - EDC practicality that can be santitized after use
- Overall Length: 7.156" (182 mm)
- Blade Length: 2.906" (74 mm)
- Steel: VG-10
- Closed Length: 4.25" (108 mm)
- Edge Length: 2.563" (65 mm)
- Weight: 2.55 oz (72 g)
- Blade Thickness: .093" (2.5 mm)
- Handle: FRN - Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon