The Magpul CTR (Compact/Type Restricted) – Commercial-Spec Model is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR15/M16 carbines using commercial-spec sized receiver extension tubes. Designed for light, fast action the streamlined A-frame profile avoids snagging and shields the release latch to prevent accidental activation. The CTR also features a supplemental friction lock system that minimizes excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability* and an ambidextrous QD sling mount that will accept any push-button sling swivel. The Commercial-Spec Model includes an extended 0.55" rubber butt-pad to provide positive shoulder purchase and accommodates the longer, slanted back common to most commercial-spec tubes.
- Reinforced Polymer Construction
- Shielded Operation Lever
- Push Button Ambidextrous QD Mount
- Rubber Butt-Pad
- A-Frame Design with Streamlined Exterior
- Black Finish
- Mounts on commercial-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic, and others (please see the note below)
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Side mounting slots accept optional cheek risers for NON-AR15/M16 applications
- Replaceable 0.55" Extended Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP® and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Rear - Push-button QD swivel sling mount accommodates up to 1.5" swivels (ambidextrous)
- Rear/Bottom - 1.25" sling loops
- Toe - Lanyard hole for custom para-cord rigs
- Made in U.S.A.
- Weight: 0.58 lb.
- Weight, w/ Rec. Extension: 0.91 lb.
- Maximum: 7.15 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.80 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 10.95 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: 14.75 in.
NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec.
* Friction lock performance may vary depending on the host receiver extension's dimensional tolerances.
** Specifications based on extended-length (slant-back) commercial-spec carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.