Czech Small Arm's vz.58 in 7.62x39 is their variant of the iconic vz.58 rifle, originally designed in Czechoslovakia in the late 1950s (hence 58, 1958 being the year it entered service) to serve with local and foreign military forces. Over the years this rifle has been adapted to multiple cartridges and uses, including the entry into the civilian market. Manufactured from new materials these rifles set a standard for quality. Solid lockup, fast cycling, solid iron sights, and superb reliability make this ideal for range or field use.
This restricted super-short carbine is a unique and entertaining option.
Specifications & Features
- Includes: 2 magazines, rifle, strap, basic cleaning kit
- Caliber 7.62 x 39 mm OR .223
- Muzzle velocity 560 - 570 m/s
- Number of grooves in barrel 4
- Overall length of rifle with stock extended 645 mm
- Overall length of rifle with stock folded 435 mm
- Barrel length 190 mm
- Length of sight line 155 mm
- Extent of rear sight from 100 to 500 m
- Width of rifle 59 mm
- Height of rifle with magazine 170 mm
- Practical rate of fire 40 shots/min.
- Maximum range of fire 1,800 m
- Lethal effect of projectile 1,800 m
- Weight of rifle (without magazine) 2.75 kg
- Weight of rifle with loaded magazine 3.43 kg
- Weight of empty magazine 0.19 kg
- Weight of full magazine 0.68 kg
- Trigger pull 2.5 - 2.7 kg (24.5 - 26.5 N)