This is serious, state-of-the-art technology for competitive shooters and tactical operators. At 8-40x range of magnification this is ideal for precision long range shooters in F-Class competitive matches.
The Burris XTR II 8-40x50 now features the same 11-step illumination as other XTR models, reducing the time to get on target in any lighting condition and dramatically increases accuracy when target is dark. 11 brightness settings (spanning night vision, low light, and daytime), with a convenient battery-saver position between each setting. This is serious, state-of-the-art technology for competitive shooters and tactical operators.
The front focal plane reticle design on this and all high-magnification XTR II riflescopes allows the reticle size to increase or decrease as magnification is increased or decreased. Trajectory compensation is always correct and proportional for the selected power setting. This reticle design is also called first focal plane or FFP. The Burris XTR II 8-40x50mm riflescope features a 5-times zoom system and 25% thicker tube construction than the original XTR Riflescope.
It has dimensionally-matched precision adjustment knobs and Zero Click Stop technology.
High-performance optics offer Hi-Lume multi-coated lenses. The lenses optimize target resolution, contrast, and low-light performance. All hand-fitted internal assemblies are triple spring tensioned for absolute shockproofing, even under severe recoil. They are vibration resistant, even on extended vehicular patrols.
- F-Class MOA Reticle - Dominate long-distance targets with the versatile F-Class MOA reticle. It’s specifically optimized for F-class competition and other long-distance shooting.
- The reticle is laid out in 1/2-MOA increments
- Reticle has a secondary horizontal crosshair and reticle grid to provide 20 MOA of additional adjustment beyond the turret adjustment capability, while still retaining the ability to use the wind hold-off references
- Reticle has 1-MOA and 1/2-MOA marks for wind hold-off
- Front focal plane (FFP) reticle design allows the reticle size to increase or decrease as magnification is increased or decreased; trajectory compensation is always correct and proportional for the selected power setting; also called first focal plane or FFP
- Illuminated center dots at the 0, 10, 20, and 30 MOA marks
- A secondary, 20-MOA-offset, 0.5-MOA grid provides an extra 20 MOA of additional adjustment, with the MOA hash marks for wind hold-off still visible
- XT-80 click adjustment knob, with 80 clicks per rotation
- Multi-turn adjustment knobs have a 1/8-MOA adjustment and feature true Zero Click Stop; knobs offer 8 mils per rotation, with multi revolutions of adjustment
- 34mm body tube
- Excellent resolution optics and tactical-appropriate reticles and adjustment knobs make it easier to identify targets and adjust for windage and elevation
- Versatile 5-times zoom system allows for a larger field of view at close ranges and better target acquisition at long ranges
- Zero Click Stop adjustment knobs let you quickly and easily revert back to the original yardage setting without counting clicks
- Advanced windage and elevation adjustments are fast and easy; accurate and repeatable reticle adjustments match the measurement system of the reticle
- Ergonomic side focus, and easy-to-reach parallax adjustment from 50 yds. to infinity for improved accuracy at long distances
- High-grade optical glass provides excellent brightness and clarity with lasting durability
- Index-matched Hi-Lume multicoating aids in low-light performance and glare elimination, increasing your success rate
- Triple internal spring-tension system allows the scope to hold zero through shock, recoil, and vibrations
- Nitrogen-filled body tubes prevent internal fogging in the cold and rain
- Precision-gauged and hand-fitted internal assemblies maintain a consistent point of impact through the magnification range, regardless of shock and vibration
- Solid, 1-piece outer tube is stress-free and durable; withstands shock and vibration from even the heaviest-recoiling calibers
- Protected forever by the Burris Forever Warranty.
- Magnification: 8-40x
- Objective Lens: 50mm
- Main Tube: 34mm
- Reticle: F-Class MOA Competition Reticle
- Field of View (Low / High): 13.2ft / 2.8ft @ 100 yards
- Eye Relief (Low / High): 3.5" / 4.25"
- Click Value: 1/8 MOA, 80 Click Knob
- Elevation Range: 70 MOA Elevation, 30 MOA Windage
- Parallax: Side Focus
- Length: 16.68"
- Weight: 31.40 oz.
- Illumination: 11 Brightness Setting Illuminated center dots at the 0, 10, 20, and 30 MOA marks - unlike any other reticle of its kind
- Battery: CR2032