Real-world reliability is the most important feature any manufacturer can build into a firearm. That’s why it was the first priority when we set about developing the Browning Maxus. The Power Drive Gas System is designed to perform under harsh hunting and shooting conditions with a wide array of loads. But reliability isn’t the whole story. The Maxus delivers 18% less felt recoil for greater comfort, 44% less muzzle jump for more accurate follow-up shots, 19% faster bolt speed and 24% faster locktime than the nearest competitor. Unequalled reliability and features, all found in the finest, most reliable gas-operated autoloader ever to swing on a bird.
The Maxus Ultimate is an enhanced variant with Grade III walnut stock & laser engraved embelishments. This particular version is a Shot Show 2013 Limited Edition and will not be available once sold.
Features & Specifications
- RECEIVER: Strong, lightweight aluminum alloy, Durable satin nickel finish, Laser Engraving (pheasant on the right, mallard on the left)
- BARREL: Lightweight profile, Flat ventilated rib
- ACTION: Gas-operated autoloader, 3" chamber, Power Drive Gas System reduces recoil and cycles a wide range of loads, Polished, engine-turned bolt finish
- STOCK: Gloss finish Grade III Walnut with close radius pistol grip, Sharp 22 lines-per-inch checkering, Speed Lock Forearm, Shim adjustable for length of pull, cast and drop
- FEATURES: Vector Pro lengthened forcing cone, Three Invector-Plus choke tubes, Inflex Technology recoil pad, Magazine Cut-Off, Brass front bead sight, One 1/4" stock spacer, Included ABS case
- Caliber: 12 Ga
- Magazine Capacity: 4
- Barrel Length: 28"
- Nominal Overall Length: 49"
- Nominal Length of Pull: 14 1/4"
- Nominal Drop at Comb: 1 3/4"
- Nominal Drop at Heel: 2"
- Nominal Weight: 7 lbs. 3 oz.
- Chokes Included: Full, Modified, Improved Cylinder
- Chamber Size: 3"
- Rib Width: 1/4"
- Barrel Finish: Polished Blue
- Wood Grade: Grade III