The 687 EELL is the absolute top of the line of Beretta’s 680-series over-under shotguns. It features sideplates that act as extra canvas for the lavish hand-chased engraving, as well as a specially-selected walnut stock that gives it a true heirloom quality. But while it certainly figures well while on display, the Diamond Pigeon’s worth as a game gun is equally striking. Weighing about 7 lbs (12-ga version), and with the point of balance right at the hinge-pin, it is a shotgun that comes up naturally to the shoulder while still having enough of a lively feeling forward of the supporting hand. This is an over-under with the feel and allure of a classic, for the discriminating hunter who appreciates all the finer points of a perfectly-made gun.
Premium Hand-Chased Engraving, Premium Stock
The full sideplates of the 687 EELL feature a super-fine classic game scene, and are enhanced by intricately detailed motifs of branches, leaves and flowers that extend to the trigger plate, trigger guard and fore-end iron lever. The proportions of the engraving blend wonderfully with the dimensions of the shotgun, giving you the sense of a work of art within a work of art. The stock is a classic semi-beavertail, with premium-quality European walnut and a newly designed fine-line checkering. An oval brass shield, inlaid on the stock, will allow you to personalize your gun with initials or a family crest, while the handsome and durable carrying case will protect the shotgun on all your hunting adventures.
A Classic Choice for Hunting
This shotgun will shine in any hunting situation. This is because it is built on a receiver that is equally strong and low-profile. The 687 action has two conical locking lugs at mid-height, meaning that it will always lock up strongly and positively while not requiring the extra bulk and weight for a top locking lever. This further means that when you bring it up to the shoulder, the vertical distance between your eye and your supporting hand is minimized: this shotgun will follow your sight easily and instinctively. And in spite of its beauty, the 687 action is noted for its strength, so this is a shotgun that you can confidently pass down to the next generation of hunters.
- Low Profile Receiver - For decades, the 687 receiver has been hailed as a paragon of proportion and design. It is engineered to be as strong as a vault thanks to its dual conical locking lugs positioned at mid-height, thereby saving inches and material at the top. A low profile receiver ensures that the barrel axis is as close as possible to the supporting hand. The result: look, point, hit.
- Rich Hand-Chased Engraving - The Diamond Pigeon is embellished with a scroll/game-scene design that is cold-rolled on the receiver, then painstakingly hand-chased for several hours by our engravers. The individual care and attention to detail makes the Diamond Pigeon a true premium piece.
- Select Walnut - Owning a fine hunting shotgun should be an experience that starts the moment you open the gun case. The select walnut that embellishes the 687 Silver Pigeon III ensures just that, as well as bragging rights with your friends.
- Tang Safety and Barrel Selector - The same control on the tang lets you engage-disengage the safety as well as select which barrel shoots first. Hunters who use different chokes on the barrels (for different patterns and distances) find this an essential feature in a single-trigger shotgun.
- Gauge: 12
- Chamber: 3" / 76mm
- Barrel Length: 28" / 71cm
- Choke: ****/***
- Lylium: No
- Rib: 6x6
- Safety: Auto
- Stock: Pistol Grip
- Trigger: MGS